Author Topic: Monitor Magazines  (Read 6201 times)

paulhollins

• View Profile
Monitor Magazines
« on: May 15, 2007, 10:25:19 PM »
Hi guys,

I've just discovered the forum and signed up (wish I'd known about it earlier). :)

I wrote a few articles for Page 6 and also managed to get the rights to the 'Hyper Drive' 1050 mod in the early 90s when support was beginning to slide for the trusty old 8-bits.

Recently I've started clear out any duplicate mags that I have in my collection, as I'm now the proud owner of a complete collection of Atari User, Page 6 and Monitor... so I've started listed my duplicates on eBay. If anyone's interested here's the link to my first listing of 10 issues of Monitor:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140118509710&rd=1&rd=1

Well, I'll be knocking around on the forum from now on, so I hope to catch you guys soon.

Cheers,

Paul.

prixon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Monitor Magazines
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 06:02:54 AM »
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the plug on your ebay listing  :)

If you still fancy writing your piece for the "people" section of page6.org, I'd be delighted to receive it!

Paul R

paulhollins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:00:31 PM »
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the plug on your ebay listing  :)

If you still fancy writing your piece for the "people" section of page6.org, I'd be delighted to receive it!

Paul R

Hi Paul,

I'll definitely write something up for the people section... it's great to see so many of the 'old' names (or should that be 'mature'?!) that I remember from the pages of the mag.

Like most people here, I have really fond memories of Page 6.

One other thing to mention is that I recently picked up a full-ish set of the 'Atari Computing' tape-based magazines, so I'll be converting those and, if you like, I could make them available for visitors to the site?

Cheers for now,

Paul.

prixon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 06:12:14 PM »
One other thing to mention is that I recently picked up a full-ish set of the 'Atari Computing' tape-based magazines, so I'll be converting those and, if you like, I could make them available for visitors to the site?

Not sure who would own the IPR to those?  Wanting to try and keep legal!

P

paulhollins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 10:15:49 PM »

Not sure who would own the IPR to those?  Wanting to try and keep legal!

P

Sure, that's a very good point. I think I've got all of the original publishers details on the cardboard inserts, so I'll drop them a line to see how the land lies and if it would be possible for us to publish them online.

As far as I'm aware there were only ever a handful of editions produced and even those hardly sold any copies! Still, it'd be good to have them archived I suppose.

Paul.